Ladybug,

1. Clips do come in sterling silver, 14 kt. gold-filled and 14 kt. gold. I carry those metals as well as the base metals. If I carry them, then other jewelers do as well. Your not being interested in an item doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

2. Weight has nothing to do with the metal of the ear finding. Any weight earring can come on any type of metal. You seem to be confusing something here as well, and I'm not really sure what it is.

For every metal or earring style that exists, there's someone who can't wear it. I had a customer once who could only wear copper. I just stock every variety or ear finding, and figure that whatever someone needs, I have it. If I don't have it, I can get it.

I wear some pretty big earrings, on screwbacks, not clips. My earlobes are small. However, about 95% of my non-pierced sales are for clips, not screws.

Nancy, my smaller earrings are all lightweight. I have quite a few styles with Swarovski, and am happy to make other styles as well. [Smile]

For whatever reason, I don't wear pins, brooches or rings. I guess that's why I don't make any. Well, I make maybe 10 pins a year, tops, as opposed to thousands of earrings.