I feel very strongly about the symbolism of a wedding ring also. My situation is not like yours but I do believe that if you have forgiven your husband and I do mean truly forgiven him, his past is wiped clean - which means all you should be focusing on is the future. If you really love your husband and are happy to be with him you should wear the ring. You never know what that may spark when he sees it on you. It bothers you when he says, "I'm glad I came back home" is just wonderful. He is saying he is glad he made the right decision, he knows you are the one he wants to be with. I do not know your past history, but it appears almost like you want to be recognized and praised for "allowing him back home", but by him. Men are so different from us women - they think so differently. In his mind, when he says that he's glad he came back home, he is telling you "thanks for having me back". I'm not really sure by what you have said that you really wanted him back though or that you were ready and healed enough to take him back. My advice is be happy, don't dwell on the past, focus on the future and live your life to it's fullest.