Reading all this is so sad. My former neighbor was sexually abused as a toddler by her grandpa. She's 49 now and still bears the scars. She called me one day in tears telling me she was going to get in her car and turn on the engine with her then, toddler. I calmed her down and told her what a wonderful mother she was and that suicide was not the answer. Today she is doing a lot better and even adopted a beautiful little Chinese girl that her and husband brought back from Beijing in September.
As for parents putting out their young teenage children, I cannot fathom it. My home is always a safe haven for my children. I've tried to teach my daughter about being aware of abusive men and that if she ever made the mistake of marrying one she should leave and come back home if she needed to.
I've also read that for some reason some women are actually attracted to serial killers and other equally dangerous men! I read about California's Night Stalker a guy named Ramirez or something close to that. He's got hundreds of women admirers!
Thank God people are talking about abuse now and making everyone more aware of it. Thank you, brave women who tell their stories so that the world can know about it.

[ November 15, 2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]