Norma, you ought to read my book. I write about being in a psych ward twice. I am a victim of incest. As a teen I acted out in alternate bouts of rebellion and withdrawal. At 15 my mother/step f put me in a psych ward for 3 months (until insurance ran out.) At 21 I admitted myself rather than sit on the train tracks. (stayed until insurance ran out) I write about how the psych nurse, was the only caring person around. However, no one ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever broached the subjects of incest. I was treated for anxiety and depression, and never for the undlerlying cause, which, by the way, seemed to be MY fault, and not my fathers or my brothers fault, as they went on to live their own lives. I was treated with Haldohl, which CAUSED psychotic reactions. I am only too thankful that I avoided ECT because the psych model was moving away from that treatment. However, truth serum was still being used a plenty. The psych nurses that facilitated the group therapies and the psych aides that facilitated the social/recreational activities were real people and angels on earth to be working in those hell holes.