My best friend & I are no longer that because of a man who came into her life. He controlled her mentally & physically--and she couldn't see it.

I couldn't understand how she could be with this man. She told me time and time again that her now ex didn't even treat her as badly at his worst.

Now she's done with him--or so we're lead to believe. But I am the bad guy---because I saw him for what he was--and still is.

I still can't understand how she allowed a man to lure her in like he did. It's sad that we are no longer friends because of a man.

I've tried and tried......she wants nothing to do with me now. I no longer have sympathy for her--& I am not wasting my energy on anger.

Everyone who cared about her tried to make her see this man for who he really was. But she wouldn't listen to a soul--she turned her back on the people who truely cared about her. As horrible as it sounds, I got tired of hearing it.

It's not like she had nowhere to go--or nobody to help her. She had friends--family--avenues open to her. And she turned it all down.

It just makes me sad---I was there for her--I tried--and she chose to end a 20+ yr friendship over this. She got annoyed that I didn't see things her way--and we didn't ban her ex from our lives. (he's my husband's best friend). And we saw her kids behind her back--the boyfriend wouldn't allow us to see her--so we couldn't see the kids any other way!

Even having an inside view of abuse--it still boggles my mind. A woman who would otherwise kick someones butt--turned into a stranger.