Hey,
When did we get this topic? Right up until now, chick, I was thrilled with how much we have in common--but this one makes me so, so sad. Of course, like you, I feel like it was in another lifetime. I posted a little about it in another thread. I did not, however, get the resolution you did. My ex refused to acknowledge he did ANYTHING wrong. Still, I at least got a little revenge. In addition to the abuse, he slept around. Years after our divorce he called me to announce "I have Herpes and uh, some other stuff." I laughed out loud at him. Then I panicked, thinking he might have given something to me, and I might have given it, in turn, to my husband. NOPE! A battery of tests showed we were both clear. I LAUGHED SOME MORE! It was the ultimate "what goes around..." Now that I'm older and wiser [Wink] I honestly think it would have been better to get some real answers out of him. It was good to see what your ex had to say, because I'll bet my ex's would be similar. I do know that he never changed his ways, because his second wife divorced him for abuse and sleeping around, too.

Chatty, I know that "kill him" feeling, but you're right--no man is worth that.

Eagle, you always touch on the healing, which is a reminder I need all too often!

Bless all of you.