I've been reading about people who suffer from SAD and it occurs to me...are those people actually getting outside in the fresh air and sunshine that *is* available this time of year? Yeah, it's cold but dress for the weather and cold isn't a problem; rather it's a great time of year, just another season that God uses to give His earth and children a blessing.

I spent two hours outside today...using the tractor to set out hay for the horses and sheep, going to town to pick up Christmas trees to feed the sheep, setting the trees out for the sheep...just usual chores for this time of year. When I was washing up for supper I noticed my face is a bit sunburned...what a nice gift! It was a beautiful day...great for being outside and drinking in the fresh air, sunshine and signs/sounds of the day.

Maybe if people would get outside even in the winter, they could defeat SAD more easily...?

When I'm knitting in our sunroom, I use an OTT light which is a full spectrum light. It's supposed to help with SAD as well but heck, when I'm looking out of windows that are 5 feet by 4 feet...it's a little like taking coals to Newcastle, ya know? :>)