Dianne,
Now that I've calmed down a wee bit and got my sense of humor back I feel better
But let me ask- if you or I had gone under one of the religion forums or the bible verse one and said- ah the Jesus factor- I've come to grips with that and now I've declared I'm Pattyann lord and savior of the loaves and fishes what kind of hate would that cause- I would never do that that it is so disrespectful- so why would anyone be surprised at my reaction
Wicca is a recognized religion ny the US government- my son who is in the military and is sworn to uphold the constitution giving us all freedom of speech and religion has wiccan on his dogtags so that should goddess forbid something happen to him he will be sustained by a chaplain of our faith and one will inform me and his wife and children
I am a witch I will share my faith and the celebration of it but I would never try to convert
I just ask that I be given the same respect as I give others.
I thought this was a safe and accepting place-yesterday I did not feel that way- whether it was that I was just kerflunked in my own head or whatever what was said hit me so hard, crazy, joyful pagans have feelings too [Razz]
Today I am ready to try again
I hope I don't sound like I'm yelling Dianne- it's ok