Ladies, I see this as urgent. My husband and daughter will not be able to get along, even if she and my grandaughter live a few blocks from us. He stated this morning that he is going to let the people wanting him to manage the apartment complex that he can't do it and will sell 'his' house and rent an apartment for himself.
My daughter says she won't be the reason I leave my husband and I assured her she and my grandaughter aren't the reason. I told her I was going to look for an apartment today big enough for the 3 of us that I can afford. She then stated that she and my grandaughter would just move in with her boyfriend who is 45!! and has a roommate who has a child in a 3 BR apartment far away from where I live.
My blood is ice water today. Even though my daughter is on probation and is facing all kinds of legal issues and can't leave the state, she still is 23 and my grandaughter's mother.
If I try to snatch my grandaughter up today and run to another state to live where I and she have support and a life awaits us there, she will surely call the authorities or write me off forever and accuse me as she always does of ruining her life.
She is talking about getting a job as a bartender while in a drug rehab program??!! I cried this morning and almost had a breakdown because I want so much to just bolt and leave both my husband and my daughter for my sake and the sake of my grandaughter.
My daughter claims that she isn't using drugs and hasn't been drinking for a long time now....a month or more....says her boyfriend is responsible for keeping her feet firmly planted and that's OK for her, she is an adult, but my 3 yr. old grandaughter has had enough drama in her life.
My daughter wanted to go out to the club last night with her friends when she had to be at work this morning at 8. I tried to encourage her not to go. My husband threw a fit and she didn't go. Now she is angry.
My daughter may be right, I may just be using she and her daughter as an excuse to leave my husband. For whatever the reasons, I need peace in my life and safety and sanity for myself and my grandaughter. As my daughter reminded me this morning,"She's MY daughter, mom, and even though we need you, we don't have to live with you."
I don't know what to do!!!????