Number5, you are such a wonderful and giving woman but what are all these people who are also supposed to love you giving back to you? If you wind up in the hospital from exhaustion what will they do? Think about it.

I have a dear elderly friend who is in almost the same position with regards to her daughter and grandchildren. I use to always encourage her to help them and stick with them but I don't anymore. Their neediness to her is never ending and won't be until she learns to say no. She has taken on all their problems and has heaped it on her shoulders like a pile of rotting dung. She is depressed and doesn't even know it. I did point it out to her. She needs constant reinforcing that she IS a wonderful lady who deserves better.

Please, look in the mirror at the wonderful, giving person you see there and tell her she is a great person.

Only you know what you have to do. Dianne is so right when she says to take a step back. I think your mental and physical health depend on you being able to do this.

Keep posting and letting us know how you are.
With love from, Ladybug