Wow! Your posts are frightening. This is why I camp out with my mother, much to the chagrin of the hospital staff. Too bad! To them, she is the patient in bed #2. To me, she's the one and only.

This is why speaking up is so important. So many are intimidated by white coats. Don't be. We go to the same hospital all the time so by now, they know not to mess with me.

For example, the doctor ordered 40 mg of Lasix. I made them cut it down to 20 mgs. You can protest and refuse any treatment. Also, living close to Atlanta helps. There are so many hospitals here, if they give me a hard time, I just threaten to take her to another hospital. (They usually listen to what I say -- they don't want to lose the insurance money!)

The doctors who know me (and most of them do because we've been there so often) always try to get Mom out asap. They say they know I will take excellent care of her. (I think they just want to get rid of me so I don't give the other patients any ideas!)

Anyway, good news! I took Mom home this afternoon. They wanted to send her home in an ambulance (easier for them) but I made them help me get her dressed and put her in the car. We took a slow drive along the scenic route home, about 1/2 an hour from the hospital.

She was couped up in a very small room without a window since Sunday night, so the beautiful blue sky and the almost 70 degree temperature really perked her up.

Tomorrow, I'll be trying to get her back on a regular schedule; it's the only way she's going to get out of "sick mode" and regain her strength.

Now, there is a glimpse of humor in all this. I think I told you about the home health company that "discharged" us because I complained about their faulty equipment and incompetent service. Well, we signed with another company and in this morning's paper, I read the new company I signed with is buying out the other company. Now when I file my complaint, I may get to wreck the sale.

When the Universe speaks, it's powerful. When it makes a joke, it's fabulous!

Until later . . . [Smile]