Ladies, here is an introduction to January's Featured Author. I hope some of you will purchase her book and join in the conversation when she joins us January 1st. It's a simple, practical read. I thought it would be appropriate since so many of us are caring for our aging parents.

TAKING CARE OF MOM: What I Learned That May Help You Help Your Aging Parent (ISBN: 0-595-32255-7)

About the Author: F. N. Rosenstock is a writer, editor, and public relations consultant. She was publishing a monthly magazine when circumstances compelled her to take care of her mother. For a long time, the demands of caregiving were in conflict with her publishing responsibilities. She chose to leave her job to care for her aging mother. She has no regrets.

TAKING CARE OF MOM What I Learned That May Help You Help Your Aging Parent is F. N. Rosenstock’s story of how her mother was abused in a nursing home, misdiagnosed by medical practitioners, and prescribed wrong medications. When she realized she had to take control of her mother’s healthcare and sort through the good and the bad, her life changed forever. This is unlike other books written about this subject because it is a realistic look at taking care of an aging parent authored by a hands-on, caregiving daughter, not a writer interviewing clinicians. No practitioners were interviewed! And, remember, taking care of an aging parent isn’t for wimps!

[ January 02, 2006, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]