Originally posted by kygal:
My family doctor still doesn't have a clue to meds and especially withdrawal from them. When I mentioned electric shock feelings on withdrawal (and I mentioned them more than once), all she had to say was "Interesting."
I went through a disastrous "detox" episode while coming off one AD and starting a new one, all on the advice of my GP. It literally almost killed me. I learned afterward, while researching the PROPER way to detox, that coming off the first AD cold turkey was like coming off cocaine cold turkey.

and the last thing we need to hear from someone is "What have you got to be sad about, you have so much going for you." If they could only truly understand!
Part of my hope when I published "Eagle" was that it would not only help people who are struggling with depression, but also help provide a glimmer of insight into what's going on inside of their loved ones who are depressed.

If people could only understand that depression is as much an illness as any other disease, they would have a little more compassion. Unfortunately any illness that has anything to do with the mind seems to be open to verbal abuse and cruel stigmatization.