Originally posted by Daisygirl:
Today I had a job interview and it went really well. I'm really excited about it...I don't know why I am so hard on myself. I sometimes have to have a talk with myself about lightening up a little and giving myself a break.

First, congratulations Daisygirl! Keep us posted on the outcome of that! And I constantly have to remind myself to "lighten up" and have more fun with myself.

Duh, I was proud of myself for not hanging around for more abuse...I think I've learned that my decisions (and instincts) are usually right and when they're not I just live with it.

This is an EXTREMELY important thing to keep in mind when we discuss therapists...in the end, WE know what clicks and what doesn't. It's what my next post is going to be about.

I learned that when I am feeling bad, the best therapy is retail. he-he Just kidding.
Hey, I learned that too, and I'm not kidding! Sometimes a stroll through a shopping mall is not such a bad idea. I used to shop for myself, but now have found it immensely uplifting, when I'm depressed, to go shopping for some little thing for my 4-1/2 year old granddaughter. It's fun and takes me out of myself for a little while...and she certainly loves the little surprises I find for her...it might be just a colouring book, but it's the hunting for the one with the unicorns on the front that makes it fun.

[ September 29, 2005, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]