Brenda, One of the things that I had debated discussing here was that whole therapy thing, specifically finding a good therapist. Your experience was horrendous and so unfortunate. I too would have thought a woman psychiatrist would have been more empathetic...but whether male or female, she should have been more compassionate and professional.

If there's enough interest, I would be open to pursuing this as the topic for discussion tomorrow. I'm afraid I might be opening up the proverbial "can of worms" and might not be able to respond adequately enough to all the possible horror stories out there. I don't have the expertise or time to put together contact information for the various geographical areas involved here. But I'm certainly open for further general discussion on it.

Good caring compassionate therapists are out there, but they're sometimes hard to find, especially in rural areas. And who feels like "shopping around" for a therapist when you're already feeling like crap and can barely roll out of bed!

I've gone through my fair share of the kind who did more damage than they helped. Fortunately there were others who more than made up for the bad apples.