Sherri,
It hit me hard this past week. With hormones kicking up a storm and stormy skies to match here, the days have been dark and draggy. It's amazing what a difference the sunlight makes...it's shining here today, and my energy is up significantly. Do you find that too? Are you worse on the cloudy days and better on sunny days?

At this time of year, I HAVE to take naps...I have no choice, my body won't let me go through the day without them. They're just mini naps, about 7-15 minutes each. I can't function through an entire winter's day without at least 2, sometimes even 3 of them. I get up early in the morning, then have a 7-10 minute mid-morning nap, then another slightly longer one mid-afternoon. Sometimes I have to lie down for 10 minutes after supper.

Funny, if I try napping like this in the summer, I have insomnia. But then I don't need naps in the summer. But in the fall/winter, taking 2-3 naps like that doesn't affect my night sleep. And if I don't take them, I just become so debilitated by fatigue I can barely move.

I used to feel that craving for a nap when I was still working, but a 5-minute catnap at my desk after lunch would normally do the trick. But not anymore. It's a real blessing to have the freedom now to nap whenever my body crashes.