A friend bought me the Meyers-Brigg book a bunch of years ago. I don't remember how I scored then (and I guess I could try to find the book...) but I took the short online version and came up with iNTj -- strongly introvert/intuitive. One of the descriptions labels it "mastermind" and says that less than 1% of the population has this personality. That part doesn't surprise me, as I don't see a lot of people out there who are much like me. I recognized myself in much of the description but not all of it.

I never had a problem in being different; if anything, I thought that more people should be like me and it was too bad that they weren't. OK, I'm coming off like a snot now -- I really don't want to be a snot, but it was an honest statement. I'm also the rare introvert who does very well in social situations. When I was 18 I trained myself -- methodically, as everything I do -- to be more outgoing because I decided that was what I wanted to be. People whom I meet now peg me as an extrovert because I'm so fearless and friendly, but as a child I barely spoke to anyone. In truth, I'd rather sit in front of my computer than go out and socialize, and the tests confirm that.

My personality type DOES NOT work well in a subordinate position, which is why I'm self-employed. Barely above the poverty line, but I love what I'm doing.