Ladies, this is a PM, edited a little, I sent to Eagle and she in turn encouraged me to post it. I am sometimes a little too private, so I decided to step out here and take a chance.

Eagle, I have taken a similar personality test and it was determined that for introvert/extravert I was right in the middle. Some would consider me shy, but I really just don't have a lot to say unless it's either worthwhile or totally goofy.

My company had a sales meeting for the team I'm on and one of my co-workers, who I only see 3 times per year, kept making comments about me not talking. He also made comments to my boss and it made me feel very uncomfortable. I really did feel like a social outcast or a freak.

When I came home, I made an appointment with a counselor, and she said I'm in the wrong field for my personality. She said I need to look into another profession and I think that is so unrealistic I didn't go back. I mean, who would pay my house payment while I "find myself". I do not like my job anymore and would love to explore other options, but it just doesn't seem possible at this time. I could sell my house, but then I would have to give up Daisy and playing in the sandbox with my grandson.

My feeling was that I could start attending Toastmasters or something similar and work on my public speaking skills and try to be more forthcoming with my ideas. My job includes training and some public speaking and that is the part I hate. I am searching for a job at this time.

Eagle, so many things you write about really hit home with me. I've read several books about depression but they are always too clinical and impersonal. Thank you for your book and taking the time to respond to all of us.

Daisygirl