quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Heart:
[qb]It took a lot of soul-searching. I dared to ask some of my most trusted friends what my purpose in life could possibly be, now that I couldn’t actually do anything meaningful! They responded with inspiring tidbits of wisdom, leading me past my old definitions of purposefulness. They helped me to envision the bigger global picture as being made up of a vast, never-ending multitude of smaller pieces, much like a jigsaw puzzle. They encouraged me to recognize the infinite possibilities as to how light can be rippled into the world. They helped me to recognize that no one ripple of light is any more or less important than the other.

What you are saying is beautifully portrayed on the cover of your book. As the woman touches a small area on the surface of the water that touch is rippled through the pool and the whole is illuminated. In the same way, you are touching a small area on the surface of individual lives and the ripples from that touch are bringing light to the whole of humanity.

Sometimes the importance of touching individuals is lost in the quest to change the world. Jesus changed the world and ripples light into lives today by touching one life at a time.

You are doing something meaningful. As God's love is reflected in the ripples of your life, you are lighting the world one life at a time.

smile