quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Heart:
This memory thing is both a curse and a blessing! How many other people can read books or watch movies over and over again as if each time is the first time!

It's as if you're speaking directly about me. I have a terrible memory now and I am always watching a movie that my husband will say, "we've already watched this" and I'll say "I don't remember how it ends".

I do the same with sitcom re-runs as well. I enjoy them as much as I did the first, third, and even tenth time.

I've managed my memory issues by writing everything down that I want to remember. Important facts and figures from phone calls especially. I'll hang up the phone, and if I didn't write it down, I can't remember what I was talking about.

I've been doing memory exercises as well. Trying really hard to focus on something, like wanting to remember the person I'm talking to on a customer service call. I'll use their name several times in the conversation so that I don't forget.

I also give myself a task to remember something I want to talk to my husband about when he gets home from work. I think about it throughout the day, keeping it fresh in my mind.

One of my deepest fears is that I'll develop alzheimer's and I won't remember anything.