It led to co-dependancy with me. I didn't do anything for myself because I felt guilty and selfish. If I had a small achievement, I usually kept it to myself because my Mom would say I was getting "big-headed". That's why I'm trying really hard to get thick skinned and promote myself. Remind myself that I'm worthy of being loved and I do have a God given talent ( my MIL words) to write and to give him the credit. Which I do. Those self-doubts, imbedded in our minds for so long can hurt so bad, every once in a while they come back to take another jab, that's when I start self talking again, saying positive things about myself. Reminding myself that my God loves me, as does my husband, sweet MIL and my kids and grandkids adore me. I'm blessed and I tune out the voice by reminding myself of my grandkids sweet little faces and the feel of their arms around my neck giving me that unconditional love I looked for and craved my entire life.

Sorry, didn't mean to write a book. This is just a subject I feel strongly about. I am a survivor!! I've been to hell and came back refined by the process. I still have days, but I'm a different person from 13 years ago.

Sherri