Hello Patrika and thanks for your note. I'm going to ask some questions and am hopeful this many questions is all right.

I speak, write and teach folks how to increase their small farm income...folks who already have a small farm or folks dreaming about leaving the sidewalks.

A magazine editor e-mailed me for some information /which I was able to give speedily and correctly/ and I then pitched my book idea to her and asked if she could recommend a publisher...all the while knowing her magazine was affiliated with a publishing company.

The publisher has published a few farm related/type books. One on sheep, can't remember what the other one or two were. The "farm type" magazines include 2 horse magazines, a cat magazine, a bird magazine and a farm magazine. They are interested in publishing my book and are waiting on me to send them a table of contents.

*how do I know they are the right publisher for me/my book?

*if they aren't the right publisher, how do I find the right publisher?

*how do I approach the right publisher?

*do I need an agent to "do the deal"? I know nothing about what I should be paid, if I should get any copies of the book gratis, etc.

*if I need an agent, how do I find one that will be a good fit for me/my book?

*how does a publisher market my book? what should I expect of the publisher?

*what does the publisher expect of me?

It's late and I should have been in bed *hours* ago but then I saw your e-mail. Many thanks for your note and help...very greatly appreciated. When my head has had some sleep, I'll have more questions; hope that's okay.