Dotsie...In answer to your questions, YES.

What? Not enough? Okay, gees louise, let's take them one at a time then, k?

Q. I need to find out where the wit comes from.
A. In a word, Daddy. He was hilarious and always had us laughing. He was great for one-liners. Over the years, I became his straight man.

Q. CinderPillow AND Ask any psychiatrist worth their weight in Prozac...

A. I have to tell you all that CinderPillow was inspired from talking to our own Prill Boyle. I still lovingly call her CinderPrilla...

But to answer the question, "Does it come to you as you are writing?" the answer is yes, it does. For the most part. I'll see something, like an empty ice tray on my kitchen counter, (this drives me crazy! why not fill it back up and put it in the frig?) and I'm inspired. THE SON alone gives me all the fodder I need for a book. Remind me to slap him later.

Q. Do you keep a list of funny sayings?
A. Actually I do. I hate telling this on myself, but what the hay? ALL of my friends constantly provide me with writing material. Pam Kimmell is a hoot and if you haven't gotten to know her very well, you should, for more than one reason, too. I've encouraged others to delve into the humor writing biz but they won't. (Thank the good Lord).

But if I hear someone say something I like, or something I think I can use, sure...I save it. I have a folder full of funny sayings. Some are from Mark Twain, Lewis Grizzard, or my beloved Erma, but then there's also things my friends have said, and those can be the funniest.

Q. Were you this funny is a kid?
A. Actually, I think so. At least that is the way my friends and family tell it. I started out talking the kids in the neighborhood into putting on shows for the rest of the neighbors. We charged a penny a head to get in. I can't believe those kids listen to me! teehee...I still get tickled when I think about it.

Q. Did you take classes in humor writing?
A. Queen says with red face..Not a one. Is it showing?

Q. Oh, I also love the way you punctuate your writing. Even the commas!
A. Okay, that was a stab at me. Dotsie knows I need comma therapy. I get comma, happy, and want, to, put one ever, where. What?

If you have any more questions, bring um on. I'm happy to answer them, with the exception of a few things, my life is an open book. Hey, that would make a good title for a book, yes?

JJ