quote:
Originally posted by JeanneJ:
Hello Everyone!

But what I finally figured out about all of my fears is that they were all rooted in my fear of losing control.
But I tried, and slowly I learned to let go. And I learned that I was much stronger than I ever imagined. I discovered that my "safe place" was not my home, or my husband, but a place deep inside of me. Which is great, because it's always with me, keeping me strong.

Jeanne

Jeanne, this is such good information. Women need to learn that we must go within to discover our authentic selves. I had this conversation with someone yesterday. She mentioned that she's afraid of what she'll find if she begins journaling and digging within.

I encouraged her to do it anyway because when we discover issues and deal with them, we are a stronger version of our old selves. We must always work at getting at the core of who God created us to be for Him. We must find that power you are talking about that is within each of us.

You mention letting go. There is a saying: Let go and let God. This is what I've had to do to shed my worry warts. I still have some that are attached, but through prayer, I hope they are only hanging by a thread.

My issues seem to be about control too. I can't keep my husband safe from his Diabetes. I can't keep my kids safe from teen challenges. I can't keep anything from happening to one of my loved one. EWW.

But I can, and do pray for our safety every day. I also pray for strength to manage whatever the Lord sends my way. This gives me peace. When something happens now, I know the Lord is at work and I have what I need to manage each situation as it occurs.

Thanks for being here. You're doing a marvelous job.