I wanted to respond to something Chatty Lady said about disease. I believe that once Adam and Eve sinned and were cast out of the Garden of Eden, sin on earth began to grow. If you've ever seen the movie Sleeping Beauty (I think it's that one) where she pricks her finger on the spinning wheel. And while the three good fairies can't undo the spell, they allow the kingdom to fall asleep as well. (Bear with me just a few lines more.) Anyway, slowly things deteriorate and thorns begin to grow around the kingdom until it seems too thick for anyone to cut through. That's how I see our world since sin began -- a type of deterioration. And so disease strikes. While it is certainly a time of testing, I also believe God uses it for a multitude of things. Anyway, just my take on it.

As for panic attacks, I do think that "baby steps" can help. I know that just by being aware that I'm having a panic attack helps tremendously. And if I catch it early enough, I can sometimes choose to focus on something else rather than the panic attack itself. Some of my strongest ones happen in a group or inside a crowded room. Getting out is the first thing I want to do. Sometimes I can but there have been times I can't. It was during one of those times that God got my attention and told me I had a choice. I could have a meltdown on a bus full of strangers or I could look outside the bus and see the beauty of the scenery (traveling toward Venice). Not only did I force myself to look outside of myself, so to speak, I grabbed my ever-present notebook and began taking notes of what I saw. It lead to a great travel article.

Blessings, Francine