Dianne,
That's exactly what I've been telling her. Dotsie has never been to the desert either and I'm not sure she's ever even been west of the Rockies. That should be illegal!

I think since she's never been to CA before, she should go to southern California where it's really "California" with a capital C.

San Fran may be far too sophisticated. I mean the scenery is fabulous, but shucks, it's almost like Baltimore or some classy place like that (Well except for a few places that is). I think Dots should tour Hollywood with all it's sleaze. She needs to go to Venice Beach and do all the really low down California stuff. She could go see Jay Leno and take the Universal Studio tour and go to the amusement park then amble down to San Diego and over into Tiajuana and Rosarita!! She could stay those beautiful hotels with rooms that open directly onto the ocean.

And she could shop all along the strips where you can buy drugs without a prescription and everyone comes out to try to entice you in and the men all flirt with you and it's kind of dirty and all the overpasses are painted in themes of fish and umbrellas and beach balls with bright Mexican colors.

WHOOEE! That would put her in culture shock for sure. Gee, I want to go too.
smile

[ May 23, 2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]