I just Googled "horse meat + France" and was led to a chart showing annual French consumption of horse meat from 1996 through 2003. About 10 thousand tons per annum. I knew somewhere in the back of my mind, Dianne, that horse slaughter was prevalent around the world, but I truly never made the connection when I was in France. Those "Cheval" signs? Gosh, I don't know what I thought they were for! The place used to be a tack shop or a ferrier, or maybe an old stable used to be located on the spot? Maybe some old blacksmith guild sign from the middle ages? Wow, was I oblivious! Missed the boat big time on that one! I don't eat meat, but I remember all the times that either Dana, Adam or both would say, "This hamburger tastes weird." I don't believe I will ever tell my daughter that she likely ate horseburgers.

This should be a good day to chat. I'll pop back shortly. Right now, my daughter is getting ready to attend a bar mitzvah. She was invited to both a bar and a bat mitzvah this season, and I think it's marvelous that she's been asked to share in such an important cultural and religious experience. She's in her room getting ready, and she looks like a princess. I'll have to take pictures. We searched for four weeks to find just the right dress, shoes, earrings,purse, and I must say, she looks beautiful.

Back soon. Cheval! Yikes!