Lori, I would love to go traveling with you and I will when I get your book.
Until the age of 25, I had never lived farther than eight miles from the place that had been in my family since the 1830's. I had never traveled beyond the state line except for a short car trip once as a child.
At 25, I moved 700 miles away then 700 miles farther and I made my first airplane trip. I was hooked.
Since then I have traveled all over the U.S., to several foreign countries and once all the way around the world.
As a part of my job in D.C. I visited the Navajo and many other reservations. I grew up Indian, but it was interesting to learn that each tribe is so different.
I drove my kids cross country to visit my parents often and it was a wonderful experience for us.
Since then I've traveled by car, boat(ship), plane and train. I'm convinced the U.S. is the best and most diverse place to travel and live.
How did you perceive the people in different foreign countries? Isn't France a trip? The people were kind of rotten, but I loved them anyway. A lady in an exclusive store forced me to wear her shoes because I bought an outfit and she couldnt' stand to have me wear my tennis shoes with her design even across the street to the hotel.
Thanks for the memories. Gee, I want to go again.
smile

[ May 02, 2005, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]