The description of your last comment really hit home. I am going through what the doctors call my third bout of clinical depression. They have added so many other diagnosis that I'm ashamed to tell them. But while I'm sitting here crying anyway waiting on a lawyer to come and start working on my disability I might as well get it all out. They tell me I have Obbsessive/Compulsive Disorder, I am Bi-Polar, Suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Anxiety/ Depression syndrome and agraphobia. I'm a mess right now but am studying myself hard and honestly for the first time. I too was a rape victim, my daughter was a date-rape victim as well.
Tell me, does it help you as well as the listeners when you speak or am I bound to this chain of guilt forever. Strange, I just realized I referred to all of it as guilt. I am not responsible, and my intellect knows that, but my psyche denies it constantly.
I would love to know how to start out with making women aware of what others suffer and what they are capable of doing, even if they don't realize it now.
I haven't read your book, but your posts are a source of comfort to me when I have a particulary rough day.
I know you have special stars in you crown for the compassion you show to others while living your ordeal over each time you speak.

[ July 19, 2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Nikki Stewart ]