Hi Eagle, thanks for your kind words. Like Dianne says, insecurity is a ramification of an abusive childhood. You know, when a child is abused, the truth gets skewed until the child does not know what to believe, even as an adult. Because with abuse, a child thinks, "This can't be true! I thought this person love me, cherished me, protected me. And here he is using and abusing me." So, what the child thought was true was no longer, and it becomes second-nature to believe the lies. I believed the lies. When my father and brother told me: "If you tell, no one will believe you," I believed THAT, instead of considering that what they were telling me was a lie. Dianne is so right about breaking through the negative tapes. The trouble is learning to replace those tapes with the positive, and then believing the positive. I heard that in Japan, when one compliments another, the receipient of the compliment is to say: "That is true. Thank you very much." To deny the compliment is considered rude and offensive. Eagle, you wrote: "You do indeed shine. I know because my life has brightened considerably since meeting you. And that's the truth." I am so glad! I cherish these words. Thank you very much. I am happy that we have reached out to one another, and we are holding on!