The following is a portion of the book. Karen, my counselor, is talking to me: “You perceive yourself as a victim and are led into circumstances that continue the victim role. The inner resources to defend your self were eroded by the myth that men are a force to fear. The fact is that men and women are equal in the emotional and spiritual levels. It’s possible to transform from a vulnerable target to an empowered woman, but you need to develop the strength and skills required to be independent. Change your way of living by changing your way of thinking.”
“How can I do that?”
“You can replace negative self-talk with optimistic thoughts,” Karen said. “It is possible to change a negative perspective on life into a positive life force if you keep a sense of proportion.”
“Oh, so not every minor inconvenience leads to a major catastrophe.”
“Exactly. It’s up to you to make the conscious choices that bring about a better future. Find new methods to deal with old routines. You have to take charge of your life, to be accountable to yourself and responsible toward others.” Of course, easier said than done!