Hi, everyone!
I'll be here this month talking about my latest suspense/thriller, The China Conspiracy, about the publishing industry, and writing in general. I've been teaching writing/ publishing classes for a few years now, so ask me any questions you want. If I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does!
Just a little background about The China Conspiracy: the main character is Kit Olsen, a woman in her 40's who works for the CIA as a computer programmer/analyst. She's married to an increasingly absent husband and mother to a 16-year-old son named Tim. She's just trying to get through each day as "superwoman" -- holding down a full-time job with all the demands that makes upon her, trying to figure out where the spark went in her marriage, and trying to do the best she can in raising Tim. Then Tim is kidnapped - a mother's worst nightmare. The ransom is some programming code written in Mandarin that the CIA covertly intercepted. Now Kit is trying to get her son back, and also trying to learn what the code does and why the kidnappers want it. It leads her from a sedentary life as a programmer to politicial espionage and international intrigue... and a political bonfire she never could have imagined.
I'm looking forward to discussing how the whole idea of The China Conspiracy came about (leading back to the 2000 Presidential Election), and your thoughts about Kit as a Boomer Woman... and answering any questions you have about writing or publishing!