All of your thoughts and reflections are great! I find that I am a combination of all four women. Actually, it doesn't surprise me since I think I have been schizophrenic all my life!

Yes, I identified with Isabel on the baby thing. I married my husband knowing his infertility. No big deal babies wer not in my traveling future. Hah! Let that clocl tick ever so slightly and wham! Babies are it!!! Well, long story, many years, many spiritual interventions we adopted a loving baby boy born to Korean birth parents in Baltimore. He was ours at birth! We wante to be parents not pregnant so that did not matter but all this occurred a few months after my 40th birthday.

Emma pulls my heart strings. I can identify with her inner thoughts the most I believe. Like many of you I had a small group of close friends that supported each other and their life choices. This occurred a couple of times depending on where I was living. Currently, my group fell apart because of one death, a husband relocating etc. I ahve not found the deep bond with another groupong since. It is time though. The female of the species raises the species and she does not do it alone....she need the other females for comfort and support not to mentin blowing off a little steam now and again. We are alot like lioneses.

I believe I will eventually settle with a new group but it takes time to build that trust and bond.

Loved the book can't wait for our next selection. Actually, I want to start a new book soon...can we decide soon? [Big Grin]