Dotsie, I consider myself an absolute neophyte in all of this, because it really came on so recently. I still have a very long way to go. I do believe that I finally learned enough in this life to come back and do some major good. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I try to be positive. I believe that we as people exist on earth for the good we can do on earth. If I was supposed to be in heaven, I'd already be there.

I've read the source books (in English) for many of the world's religions and have informally studied both theology and religious etymology. I'm fascinated by the differences but am more interested in the similarities.

Lynn, it took me four brushes with "there but for the grace of God go I" before I learned anything of my purpose in this life. Who knows how many times I didn't learn before this?

------------------------------------------
LYNN:

I think you may be asking the wrong questions, or at least not asking these:

1. If John were to die within the next six months, how would it affect the way you're living now?

2. If he was going to die between 6 and 12 months, how would it affect what you do now?

3. If you knew he'd survive the cancer, would it affect what is NOW?

If the answer to all of the above is "not really" (and I suspect it is) then the question of WHEN is not as germane. What's important is NOW.

------------------------------------------
I use positive visualization. I imagine the person and where they're sick. I get as centered and as clear as possible, and send forth healing energy. I say, "John, you WILL beat the cancer" (not "I hope that...) I concentrate for several moments and keep repeating.

I have no idea if this works but I figure it can't hurt.