Hi Dotsie & Lynn - I'm not on the computer much this time of year, mainly in spurts or dribs and drabs. I haven't a clue what's going on in the other forums and it's already past my bedtime so won't play catch up tonight either. <g>

Like I said, I haven't read the book; imo, Colson wrote an interesting commentary and I thought those boomer women that had read the book might enjoy the commentary. I don't have an opinion on the book because I haven't read the book. Lynn, I'm not really sure what it is you're asking me to clarify...? I'm not offended by your "probing"; it's just I have no clue what it is you're really asking of me.

I think there is a lot of pop psychology around these days; not a lot of deep thinkers. C. S. Lewis was definately a deep thinker as were most of his ilk and Lewis is both a better writer and theologian than Abrams. My opinion is based upon my reading of Tuesdays w/Morrie; I thought it was a good book but not a great book. There are few books Lewis has written that cannot be called great...not by me per se but by world class writers and thinkers.

My views on heaven are...it ain't about us. It's about God but puny human minds want to believe it's about us. I feel quite sure the God who created dirt so He could create life from dirt can dream up something even more fabulous in heaven...and it ain't gonna be about what I think or what conversation I had or anything about me. And I'm good with that. I'm looking forward to heaven where the agenda is on God...finally! I'm fully prepared for whatever mind I have then to be totally blown by what God does next.

I let God out of His box a long time ago and it changed my life forever.