Mid-life has absolutely been a time of immense change for me and my family. I fought it tooth and nail for a long time. But God has taken time to show me that he has a plan and that when I go with the flow I cope much better. Not that I have given up on my dreams you see, I have gone back to school this past semester. I am working on the prerequisites for a degree in Medical Lab Technology. I was so scared that I had forgotten how to learn, how to do homework and not to mention being the oldest in my class! But you know what? I made it! I received 2 A's and 1 B this time! I have already enrolled for next semester in our new home town. I have let the holiday's slide and ya know what? I don't feel bad at all...I haven't even opened the flour bin this year and guess what? the world is still spinning! I did not even do Christmas cards to those who sent them to me....I feel almost wicked, but also so unfettered. We have always had huge Christmas commitments and this feels good for a change. I bought stuff for the grandkids and that was it. I told all my other friends, no gifts this year. Their support throughout my hubby's illness, my school struggles, etc. makes me feel I have already been gifted with the best gift of all their friendships. I pray that they will honor my request, but if they do not I have decided to accept whatever comes.