Let's see...I used several approaches to my teens when it came to handing out money...

Sometimes, I'd act like I had amnesia when they approach me with their hand stuck out...

"Ahhh...you, big boy. You are??? And that skinny kid standing next to you. Who is he? Why are you kids in my house. Go away. I don't know you...Police! Help! Robbers!"

Okay, this only worked one time. Smart kids.

Then there's the "Yo kids!" where you slap their hand rapper style when they stick it out...bone up on your various rapper greetings though if you intend to use this one. You know...like after you slap their hand, throw yours in the air and say, "to the sky!" then drop it behind your back and say, "can you go low?" and so on...and so forth...

Oh and one of my favs...When the little stinkers come at ya with their hand out and smirking, grab it, and immediately start doing your best Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers routine...waltz across the floor draggin' um with ya, kick your legs up and as loud as you can, belt out, "Singggggging in the rainnnnnnn...Oh singinggggg in the rainnnnnnnnnnn...what a..."

They will leave the room---no make that premises so fast it would rival a space launch.

Teenage boys DO NOT want to associate with parents. Especially their Mom. AND ESPECIALLY one that acts...ahhh...goofy?

Embarrasment is a REAL thing to them. They would die if their friends saw the dance routine.

Or...you could just give them twenty bucks and say, "this is good for two hours of peace and quiet, right?" and send them on their way.

Now...is there anything else I can help you with? Hmmm?

Lord...seems like all I do nowadays is give advice...first here...then there...sigh. I do what I can. It ain't easy being a Queen.

JJ