Well I have two big issues. One: I AM a stepmother. My 18 yr old stepson moved in 1 1/2 years ago because he was skipping school (ie failing) and hates his mom. He totally disrespects our home and is only waiting to graduate and get out ... and so am I. His only goal in life is to become a famous rock and roll star (I told him he needs a backup plan).. He totally ignores me and my requests and it makes me crazy and is disrupting my marriage to his dad. My husband (his dad) says that the boy is a man now and that he doesn't want to do anything to keep his son from communicating with him.. ie no discipline because the kid's too old to discipline.. now he has to be his buddy... I think it's an Italian thing...

Secondly I HAVE a stepmother. My dad was husband #3. You know the old horror story of some woman marrying your dad and taking everything? Well it happens and I know it. My dad died in misery and apologized to his kids.. it is still hard to keep up the pretense of being nice to her. She is evil. My dad was a widower and met this lady in a bar. She moved in, finally talked him into a trip to KY where they got married without telling the kids... and it was downhill from then on. SO if YOU have a widower dad and he tells you he met this nice widow lady in a bar... let me know. It might be her and I don't want ANY other family to go what we are going through.