Queen Jaw/Jaw
Thanks for your wonderful response. And go Alabama Girls...
I have stepped back and it's quiet for the moment...nothing is happening, which for now is probably a good thing. I'm still too wrapped around the tree I got slammed into to feel okay about it yet.
Yes, my husband is a wonderful man and is very giving and tender hearted. He has been taken advantage of in the past because of how he is and I believe that G has been guilty of this on more than one occasion. G is very tight with his money and would rather use others' things if he can than buy it himself.
Thanks for the words of support concerning my standing up for what is right...I wasn't hateful or mean when I spoke with G...but, I was firm about what I said and I didn't say anything to him that I would not have said to my own sons...actually, I told him he got off easy because my own kids would not have gotten off as easy...they would still be hearing about it.
Time will tell what happens next...I do not feel it is my place to approach them...I agree with you...they need to approach me...but, I doubt if I will ever hear an apology...people like G don't see that they've done anything wrong when it comes to situations like this. Perhaps I'm wrong, but only time will tell.
I'm so happy I found this forum...I didn't think I'd need to vent with step-parenting issues concerning grown step-kids, but that goes to show you how much has changed...Kids in general these days show lack of respect in so many way...I'm a child of the 50's and I learned values and tried to teach those values to my kids...I know my husband tried to teach his children values as well, but his ex-wife is still wicked and hateful and spiteful and backstabbing to him and now me. She's full of venum and is probably loving this episode about the tractor and will use it to convince G that I'm a horrible person. It's a shame, really. Things were going so well...now that's all in the trash bin.
And no, you haven't stepped over any boundaries. Thanks for your supporting words.
Dee