Hi Ariadne54,

I'm rather new and have only been posting for about a month. I recently had a similar experience with a guy I dated last year. About a month ago he sent me a letter asking if we could go out for dinner and I said yes, and we did. It went well and he asked if we could go out again and I said yes, but he had to go to a family baptism out of town and wouldn't be around for a while. Well, he never call and never emailed until I emailed him and he said he was busy and maybe we could get together the next week. I said don't bother. My reasoning is that he seemed rather underwhelmed and I don't allow myself to get into situations like that anymore. I think he is probably dating someone else, and that's fine, but why contact me?

Have you ever heard of the book "He's Not That Into You?" The author was on Oprah and he really makes sense. I think if someone is truly interested in us, we would not have to be analyzing all the time about why, who, what, blah, blah, blah. WE would not have to wonder if they cared about us, it would show. There are times, like with this guy that I say to myself "what the?" I try not to go there too much, because we can never in a million years figure out some of these nutty men.

You would be wise to keep a wide berth.....you already know what he's like.

Daisygirl