Hi,
I'm new here and have been reading many of the posts. I have been single for almost ten years and have three children. I left an abusive marriage to a man who drank and had affairs. I denied it for a long time but finally because of my children made the decision to leave.
I was wondering how many of you have contacted past lovers after leaving your marriage. I have been on a journey for some reason and have reunited with more than one since my divorce. It has been a healing process although very painful. Each time I meet up with a past lover I go through the pain of the break up all over again. I have finally figured out that I have been trying to go back in time as I know the past and am afraid to go forward and develop a new relationship because of trust issues. Just last month I met up with a guy I dated through high school. We broke up because my parents objected to us dating because he was of another race. He is married and always held a torch for me. I was at a trade show in my home town 3,000 miles away from where I live now. He picked me up at the airport and the day I left he drove me to the airport after stopping by his house. He is doing well for himself and gave me the grand tour. He also got out the photo albums where he had photos of us. After I got home I wondered why he took me to his house. Was he trying to show me the lifestyle I could have had? He knows that I am not very well off. I found it confusing. I also found looking at the photos of us very painful and wished we could have spent more time together although I realize that he is married and don't want to interfere with that situation. I emailed him when I got back asking him to stay in touch and thanking him for the drive etc. but he has not emailed me back. I also find this confusing because he wanted to see me and insisted on picking me up and driving me to the airport and then he doesn't keep in touch. Any thoughts. Also just thought a new post on this subject would create some interesting stories from others as it is often a dangerous thing to reconnect especially if there are unresolved feelings. That said it can also help you to work through unfinished business and move on.
Stories anyone?
KATE