Ariadne, I can attest to the great advice given by these great women here, especially in this 'Singlehood' department. Trust me, I've posted some serious inner soul search responses on this matter too.

After reading many many posts on loving YOU first and posts the like, I finally found a bit of comfort. Occassionally that looney lonely feeling reappears and I need another boost of reality checking.

As recent as yesterday evening, I entertained a great man. He'd invited me to several functions. I posted them here, actually, that I felt inadequate around the attendee's of this great man's function. Well, we've maintained a friendship since then.

For the last few days we've been chatting outside of the business box. That inadequate feeling came back when he asked 'ME' out. I wondered what he'd want with little ole' me vs. all of the women that are on his business level, especially those making it clear their availability.

He picked me up and I was so nervous, afraid I'd say something silly since I was feeling awkward and all of those self-doubty type issues I've adopted being single for so long (and other stuff too).

I recalled what these great ladies said the last time I posted my feelings and my muse, wittiness and conversation flowed smoothly.

It's not so bad when you realize that YOU are the on to love first. I can decline his advances. Actually, I want to decline because there are a few things that I need to work on before I can give me to he:)

Like most of them say here, "You'll know when Mr. Right is presence."