I don't think "picky" is the right word. There is NOTHING wrong with being "selective" and not settling for less than what will make you happy.

Just because you date somebody doesn't mean you're tied to them forever. As I was reminded recently by another on-line friend, there is nothing wrong with having somebody to go out to dinner with, or to some other activity with, when we know they are not "the one."

I don't like sports either and haven't been to or watched on tv any sort of game since my ex moved out. But, if the guy is going to watch his 6th grade son play ball, that's just a part of being a good dad. Actually I'd think less of him if he didn't do that. If you really don't want to go, don't go. Unless you're in a committed relationship or are really crazy about the guy, I don't think you're out of bounds by saying no to that activity. I'll bet he'd have no problem at all telling you "no" if you asked him to do something "he" didn't want to do, so don't feel guilty about it.

I'd have a much harder time dealing with the "negative and critical" things. The older I get the less tolerant I am of that sort of attitude. Only you can decide if you can put up with it every now and then.

Have you ever talked to him about that? He "may" not realize he comes across that way... Just a thought.

Hang in there. And have fun on your date, that's the whole purpose of going!

Whirlwind