WW,
I don't date and I really haven't stopped to think of "why" either. Well, not in the last two years. I guess time is one factor, and other than a couple of guys, no ones asked! ha!

One of those guys got furious when I wouldn't go out with him after the first (horrible) date and called me two days later and said he wanted me to pay for my half of the meal he had bought. HA! Fat chance. Especially since I was so turned off by his manners and ME, ME, ME, mentality that I just picked at my meal and HE ended up eating that one too.

The other guy I adore. He is what I call "marriage material" and I do miss him. But I don't have time to call him every day and go somewhere whenever he wants me to, and so...

However, I will tell you that while I'm not afraid to go places by myself, I am certainly more cautious than I use to be. Especially if I were to take a cruise, alone that is.

Having said that, I'm like you. If I want to do something, I just do it. Believe it or not, I am NOT a party animal. I was in my younger days, but now I too would take a good book over a party any day.

I say go for it. If it is something you want to do, do it! If you feel comfortable on a journey, tour, or whatever, and want to do it, why shouldn't you? I wish I had the money to travel, I'd love to travel with you. And I really, really, really, don't talk that much either. Honest injun.

JJ