OK, I KNOW I'm living in the dark ages. But what ever happened to good old fashioned "dating?
===================================
Wirlwind.
Try these chunks from my review of the book "Just Not into You." It may have the answers you seek.

Page 55 He’s not into you
This is what it should look like. By Greg
My friend Mike liked my friend Laura. After band practice he asked her out and now they’re married. My friend Russell met this girl Amy And they dated and got married. My friend Jeff met this girl out of town and went and visited her the next weekend and never stopped visiting her until he moved in with her.
It’s really that simple. It’s almost always that simple.

This is what it really looks like. By Sparticuss

My friend Trish was a very prim and proper type. Professional virgin! Dated heaps of guys but she was so prim and proper in style that she was the one who usually had to do the asking them out. Ended up asking out, what appeared to be just one more guy and came back from that first date engaged. I don’t know who actually proposed the marriage but she was the one who had asked him out on the date. They have been happily married for almost twenty years now. One thing that amused everyone was that she still made it to the altar as a virgin bride. But only because they got engaged and married so fast.

My cousin Anne was minding her own business in a bar when a drunk came up and started chatting to her. Nice guy! Out of the blue he suddenly proposed to her. No phone calls, no dating. None of the “usual” stuff. She politely turned him down but noted his phone number anyway. She rang him back the next day, when he had sobered up, to find out if he remembered proposing. He did remember, he was dead serious, and he still wanted to marry her. They have been happily married for twenty years too.

My workmate big Joe had his wedding arranged between his parents and the girls parents when both he and the girl were children. Both he and the girl flatly refused to play that outdated game. At least they did until the day that they actually met. They have been happily married for twenty years.
So what do these three have in common? Only that the marriages have all worked.
They have nothing else in common at all. That’s just the point. No dating, no phone calls, no flowers, none of the usual clichés that the media, and only the media, trots out as the magic keys to a successful relationship. The one thing that any amateur or professional relationships counselor knows is that true love follows no specific plan or pattern. None at all.