Well, Hey!!! here I am again, updating you all on dating...Last night I went to dinner with a fella I met thru Yahoo personals, and with whom I had corresponded sporadically for a couple of months. He had called me several times, and so I felt comfortable meeting him for dinner. The dinner was nice enough, but I sensed that he had many unresolved issues about his divorce, as well as a recent relationship in which he was abandoned by a younger woman. I ended the evening by saying goodnight at his car. Today, I received a nasty email from him, primarily because the evening didn't end with sex!!!!! What's that about??? I had just me the fella! I felt no attraction to him, and why, oh, why, would I want to become physical with him?
Now, about this "gypsy" fella you mention, Whirlwind...I am recovering from a relationship with a man who kinda fits that description. An unemployed Ph.D. (in Psychology). I was tremendously attracted to this man, but knowing his financial status, I was careful not to expect or impose on him when on a date. That is not a good thing. Also, I became physically involved with him, and have posted about it here. It ended disastrously for me, and I have paid dearly for my lack of judgment. I think, unless a man is capable and willing to show you that he values you, by paying for dates, and a willingness to share, it will end as it did for me. This same man, the Ph.D. is probably going to be hired in a college teaching position soon. He would have, no doubt, abandoned me had I stuck with him, once he gets a valid income. I was just an easy target for him while he was unemployed!
ARI