OMG! I must purchase this for this poor single woman that I had the misfortune of watching her very last drop of dignity float down sh*t creek!

I didn't have major plans for New Years so I agreed to take a short trip with a 'friend' I'd known for quite some time. I thought it strange that she wanted to travel from Milwaukee to Mississippi to pick this man up to bring him back here, but, it really wasn't my business the circumstances. Right? Well, unless she volunteered them in which she did.

She said that they'd been best friends for years and had made plans to take this relationship to another level since they were so much alike. Fine. Right? It happens.

Well, the perk in making this long trip or disperate trip was that I'd be close to some relatives, namely my 98 year old grandpa. I rested in the hotel as this woman hunted the man that she called her bestfriend turned lover down. Yep! You got it! He was no where to be found upon our arrival. I couldn't stand to watch and she didn't invite me as she plead with people to show her how to get to his house which was situated down some long dirt country road.

I heard her pleading with him, leaving voice messages to pick up the phone... Well, she finally found him. He came to the hotel. He was distant but with a few New Years drinks that we had in the room, he loosened up. Boy oh boy did he ever.

He flat out told her that she should have let him be the one to make that move...the one that traveled miles to her. He told her that he wasn't sure if he would/could deal with a woman so forthright (short of saying the desperate word).

She was grouchy on the way back up that long road yet still made excuses for his behavior. When I flat out told her, "he's not into you like you are him," she even justified that. Maybe this book will help her.

Happy New Year!