Ha ha, cheese older...

When I was ten, fifty looked old. Now at fifty, I thought ninety was old but as I was researching Newfoundland Authors last night, look what I came across!

(newspaper article 1997)

Captain John Russell...age 91
Russell's book, Memories of a Lifetime, is an interesting account of a life during which he, like many Newfoundlanders of his generation, turned his hand to a variety of things to make an honest living... "I guess I could have started writing the book earlier," laughs Russell. "But if I had started when I was 50, I wouldn't have had as much to write about."

The Captain wrote his 179-page book the old-fashioned way--with a ball point pen and paper. [Eek!]

I love it!

old?...Nooo...Wise...Yes...experienced....for sure! JJ at 90 you will be the queen of "experienced experiences"... [Big Grin]

Enjoy!

(I added this)
Autobiography of John Russell

"Having this in mind for a long time, whether or not I should write my autobiography, I have now decided I should. Therefore, to the best of my ability and knowledge and with God's help, I will try to give my family in particular some idea of how I managed to get to the place where I could stand alone."
- John Russell

[ October 05, 2004, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]