Had to share this about my son's dog when I read about Chichii's "guard dog." My little grandaughter (18 mos) has a Chocolate Lab named Beauregard (of course he is called Beau) and he is simply devoted to her. He sleeps under her crib, follows her everywhere. I noticed when I was there that she is forever walking around with some sort of food in hand, a cookie, cracker, whatever. He never takes his eyes off of her, when she drops the food he considers it his and will eat it. However, he will not take it from her hand even if it is right in front of his mouth. If she head towards the stairs (even though there is a gate) he barks and stands in front of her. Makes her soooo mad! LOL she says No, Beau! He won't allow her near those stairs though. My son called the other night to tell me that Beau came into their room (which he never does) and poked his cold nose under their covers until Ashley woke up. She told him, "Go away, Beau" and he would not he whined and continued to poke at her. She got up to check on the baby and sure enough her temp turned out to be 105.3, they had to take her to the hospital where she turned out to have the flu bug and had to be rehydrated by IV fluids. She never even woke up with this horrible high fever. Beau took good care of her and will always enjoy a special place in their family. I sent him a big ham flavor chew bone and a new collar! What a guy! Can't understand how people can hurt an animal, makes my blood boil..... Thank you Jesus for Beau!