I'm happy to hear that poka dot as a new home, with lots of room to run and a loving family to boot. I have a manchester terrier cross, who is going on fourteen years now. She is going deaf and she can't see to well. She lays around the house and does alot of sleeping except when my young grandson comes to visit, then she goes into guard dog mode. She follows my little grandson all over the place. When Mickie the dog was younger we had a cat the same size as her and they would wrestle with one another allthe time throwing each other on the floor etc. Never hurting each other at all. My daughter has a german shepherd who is about three years old. He is extremely obedient, he won't eat unless my daughter gives the ok, he obeys my daughters every command. When my daughter brought home the new baby, the dog just layed down by the bed and would lick the babies head or her little feet. It should be interesting how the two of them will get along as they baby grows, the baby is six months now.